Muscles of the hips – this is one of the largest muscles of the human body. The more developed these muscles, the more enduring the person and the higher the degree of physical readiness in general. Carrying out exercises by legs, the person directly influences the hip joints, having a positive effect on the general condition of the genitourinary system, unloading the knee joints. This happens if the exercises are carried out in the gym. Occupation in the gym so attractive that you can only load certain muscle groups, choosing a particular sports equipment.
Anatomy and function of the quadriceps
The basis of the thigh muscles is the quadriceps muscle, which consists of 4 muscles, distributed evenly. During physical exertion, all efforts are evenly distributed to all muscle beams, that is, to the entire quadriceps. This muscle group performs the following main functions:
- This group of muscles can hold the human body in a vertical position. It supports the human body during standing, not allowing the knee joints to buckle.
- During movement (running or walking), the quadriceps has the property of being responsible for correct bending and extension of the knee joint, distributing correctly the entire load. In doing so, it makes it possible to tilt the pelvis in different directions, and also pull the knees towards the stomach.
The structure of the quadriceps
- The femoral part of the muscle is its lateral surface and participates in all forms of movement in which the legs participate. It is the most circular component of this muscle bundle. It is also called the lateral muscle.
- The inner part of the thigh is formed by a wide medial muscle. In form, it resembles a certain roundness on the inside of the knee. The medial muscle is also designed to ensure normal flexion and extension of the knee.
- Between the medial and lateral muscles is a wide intermediate muscle, which partially extends beyond the edges of these two muscles in the places of their connection with the knee. It is mainly used for jumping and running, as well as during squats.
- On the front of the thigh is a straight muscle that enters the complex of the quadriceps. It is longer and forms the anterior semicircular part of the thigh. It is interesting in that it is not attached to the femur, while taking an active part in flexion and extension of the legs.
Quadriceps consists of different muscle groups, which are characterized by the speed of performing various exercises: slow and fast muscle fibers. As a result, exercises should have both power and aerobic loads.
Basic quadriceps exercise
The development of this group of muscles is based on the use of basic exercises that promote the development of strength and endurance athlete, associated with an increase in the volume of muscle fibers.
Refers to one of the main exercises, widely used by athletes. This exercise increases the functionality of the quadriceps, and also enhances the muscles of the buttocks. In this process, the muscles of the back, the press and the back of the thigh are involved. The effectiveness of the exercise depends on the optimality of the load, otherwise exercises can lead to serious injuries, if you do not start to engage in low weight, practicing squatting techniques. The technique is as follows:
- The bar of the bar should not be located in the neck, but on the back of the deltas and trapezoids.
- The back should be kept straight, and the blades should be pulled together so that the weight of the bar is evenly distributed. The chin goes upwards not to provoke leans forward which overload a loin and can lead to traumas.
- To keep the balance, the feet are wider than the shoulders, and the socks look to the sides.
- Exercise begins with the movement of the pelvis back, as if to sit down.
- The knees of the legs should be fixed when the hamstring is parallel to the floor, but it can be lower. It all depends on the degree of preparation of the athlete and the task. The lower you sit, the more effectively your muscles train.
- To rise from prisasta follows without sharp movements, keeping balance. When the top point is reached, the legs do not fully straighten out, but remain slightly bent to avoid injuries to the knee joint.
While doing these exercises, do not get carried away with maximum loads. For the correct formation of quadriceps, it is probably better to replace the squat with the bar on the usual frontal squats, but also with the barbell.
This exercise is similar to the previous one, but the bar has a slightly different arrangement, which strengthens the quadriceps more. The technique for doing this exercise is as follows:
- Hvat is performed on straight arms, located slightly wider than the shoulder.
- The neck is located on the front of the shoulders.
- The arms are bent, and their upper parts are parallel to the floor.
- After fixing the rod in this position, squatting is performed, the technique of which is similar to the previous one.
Gakk – simulator is designed to strengthen quadriceps, while exercises on it reduce the burden on the spine. The waist is located on a mobile base, hands are held on the handrails, and the legs are on an inclined plane. Changing the width of the location of the feet, you can shift the load relative to the lateral part of the thighs.
- When doing the exercise, you should not rush and do not make sudden movements.
- When reaching maximum load, it is not recommended to fully unbend knees.
- All the load should lie on the quadriceps.
- Do not push your knees beyond the line of the socks.
Pressing your feet on the simulator
The main exercise, actively working the legs, but at the same time removing all efforts from the back. If the feet are positioned as close as possible to each other, quadriceps also participate in the work.
- To avoid the appearance of stress in the area of the back, the loin should be firmly pressed against the seat.
- It should be checked that the knees do not fully unbend, and also touch the chest at the final stage of the exercise.
- If the feet are diluted somewhat wider, the internal rays of the thigh muscles will work more.
The attacks can be carried out with sporting various items, such as a barbell or dumbbells. This exercise is also done in the Smith simulator. If the options are constantly alternating, then you can achieve maximum effect. The effect will increase even more if this exercise is alternated with other exercises, such as for example squats.
- The feet should be parallel, but slightly wider than the hips.
- In this case, wide steps are taken, and the leg bent at the knee joint must form, in relation to the floor, a right angle.
- The location of the knee must be controlled: it must be stationary and not “walk” from side to side.
- The knee of the hindleg is closest to the floor, but does not touch it.
- When exiting the lunge, the quadriceps maximally works.
When using the bar, you should strictly follow the technique of working with the bar, described above, in the subtitles “squats with a bar”. If dumbbells are used, the arms are parallel to the body and are stationary.
Isolating exercises for quadriceps femora
This type of exercise is applied to an individual muscle to make it look more attractive, but they are not able to increase muscle mass and develop strength and endurance.
Exercises to extend the legs on the simulator
If it makes sense to work the front of the quadriceps, then this is exactly the exercise. Since most of the load falls on your knees, do not put a lot of weight.
- Legs unbend until they occupy a parallel position, relative to the floor.
- The loin is held directly on the seat.
- Movements should be carried out at a slow pace, without the appearance of inertia, which will minimize all efforts.
- You should produce the maximum number of repetitions.
- After exercise, there should be burning sensation within the muscle.
Press with one foot
To perform an isolated load on the quadriceps, you can press one foot. When this exercise is performed on the simulator, one leg is removed.